NHRA National Championship Custom Car Show 1959
The National Champion Custom Car Show was held at the Artillory Armory in Detroit, Michigan in 1959. Organized and hosted by Wally Parks and the National Hot Rod Association, it was held in conduction with the NHRA Nationals Championship Drags. The show featured the best customs of the day, and the Best Custom Car trophy was awarded to Arthur Bentas and his Raven. Darryl Starbird's Star Kustom Shop won the Top Custom Shop Achievement award, and a Thunderbird called "Le Perle" won the sweepstakes.
- Frank Mack's 1927 Ford Model T Roadster
- The Alexander Brothers' 1931 Ford Model A Pick Up - The Grasshopper
- Ernie Szelesi's 1933 Ford Convertible
- Bill Hines' 1950 Ford - The Bat
- Dick Schneider's 1950 Mercury
- Larry Ernst's 1952 Ford Convertible
- Dave Janas' 1953 Ford F1 Pick Up
- Sy Gregorich's 1955 Ford Crown Victoria - The Victorian
- Adrienne Hooper's 1956 Mercury Convertible - The Wild One
- Dave Jenkins' 1957 Chevrolet
- Bob Turgeon's 1957 Ford Thunderbird - Le Perle
Did you enjoy this article?
Kustomrama is an encyclopedia dedicated to preserve, share and protect traditional hot rod and custom car history from all over the world.
- Help us keep history alive. For as little as 2.99 USD a month you can become a monthly supporter. Click here to learn more.
- Subscribe to our free newsletter and receive regular updates and stories from Kustomrama.
- Do you know someone who would enjoy this article? Click here to forward it.
Can you help us make this article better?
Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have additional information or photos to share about NHRA National Championship Custom Car Show 1959.
This article was made possible by:
SunTec Auto Glass - Auto Glass Services on Vintage and Classic Cars
Finding a replacement windshield, back or side glass can be a difficult task when restoring your vintage or custom classic car. It doesn't have to be though now with auto glass specialist companies like www.suntecautoglass.com. They can source OEM or OEM-equivalent glass for older makes/models; which will ensure a proper fit every time. Check them out for more details!
Do you want to see your company here? Click here for more info about how you can advertise your business on Kustomrama.